SMS-based CRM coupons and rewards are some of the most powerful elements that your brand should utilize in a cross-platform customer conversion plan. As a developer, you need to understand how these elements produce results so that you can make a business case for them when you and your team are assembling your budgets and objectives. Because CRM in ecommerce is gaining ground, knowing the stats about the technology that you are building is a huge advantage when it comes down to justifying its creation. Let's take a closer look at some amazing SMS coupon stats.
When CRM & SMS text integration collide: Mobile coupon returns
- Each year, more people embrace the power of mobile coupons with an estimated 16.5% adoption rate in the Western world.
- SMS-based CRM coupons are poised to reach new highs in 2016, according to Juniper Research study. Redemption rates on these coupons keep customers coming back to their favorite brands, stimulating repeat business.
- Thanks to improving SMS marketing services, campaigns using coupons are 10X more likely to be redeemed and shared than any other form of SMS-based CRM coupon or discount.
- Mobile handsets sales account for 21% of all of South Africa's consumer electronic spending, with a compound growth rate of 11% in handset sales between 2005 and 2010. This indicates mobile coupons would be an excellent way to reach a developing population.
- According to Mobilitrix, a key strength for mobile coupons vs paper coupons in developing nations is the greater distribution capacity. They reach more people than TV, radio or any other form of indoor or outdoor advertising.
- According to Business Insider, by 2014 the number of SMS-based CRM mobile coupons being used will grow to 53.2 million. This is not hard to believe considering in 2013, 28% of all smartphone users redeemed a coupon.
Based on these stats, it's easy to see why your development team needs to consider implementing more SMS-based CRM coupon initiatives for your retail and ecommerce stores. The potential in developing countries is huge, and the leaps that technology is taking right now into integrated technology - will certainly see SMS used in innovative ways.
- Understand how to build these campaigns for the user
- Recognize that companies may not consider couponing without your help
- Realize that there is enough evidence to support trial loyalty programs with SMS
- Formulate a plan to build and test your brand's SMS-based CRM coupons.
- Collect valid data on your returns to scale your coupon campaigns
- Work with design, marketing, and sales teams to improve software functionality
From direct text-to-join or short code based campaigns, to campaigns involving application integration - developers like you need to be aware of the mounting interest and value in developing new and exciting SMS-based CRM coupon campaigns. If your brand does not yet have one in place, perhaps it's time to consider that your competitors do.