SMS 2 way messaging
Research has found that the majority of customers – 64% with text messaging capabilities - would prefer to perform customer service activities with companies via SMS than over the phone. They feel it’s a more efficient and convenient use of their time.
Young people are even more likely to want this. A significant 7% of those aged 18 to 34 say they prefer SMS two-way messaging over other types of communication when it comes to solving issues. Moreover, they’ll choose to stay loyal to a company that offers SMS messaging services.
How does SMS two-way fit into your business?
Many companies are already using SMS to disseminate bulk marketing messages or send reminders to customers. But users want more: they want a conversation; they want to send a question and receive an immediate answer.
Research has found that customers would like to complete these activities via SMS:
- Check the status of an order
- Schedule or change an appointment
- Make or follow up on reservations
- Ask a question
- Find the location of a store
- Check due dates or balances
- Arrange for orders to be refilled
- Reset passwords
And the most compelling statistic to convince companies to set up customer service via SMS? A massive 81% of people say they find it frustrating to be tied to a phone or computer to wait for customer service assistance. If that isn’t enough to convince a company of the importance of this method of communication, 90% of customers will choose to leave due to a bad experience and are willing to pay more for more pleasant customer experience from a competitor.
Reasons customers prefer using SMS two-way to resolve queries
- Customers dislike waiting on hold.
- SMS communication allows customers to multitask while resolving their queries.
- They are able to find solutions while in a noise-sensitive environment.
- Customers sometimes just don’t want to talk on the phone – for example if they are in an office where they don't feel comfortable speaking aloud.
If you’re convinced and are looking for a customer relationship management solution that your base will appreciate and enjoy, have a look at Clickatell’s product selector to choose the best SMS option for your business.