Start sending SMS now
Reliable, scalable and customizable, Developers’ Central integrates with your systems and applications via our wide variety of APIs.Try Developers' Central now
& get 10 free test messages
XML makes it simple to integrate legacy systems to our gateway. It provides excellent interoperability amongst heterogeneous systems and is, of course, language independent.
Features of the Clickatell XML API
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritized queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- Batch sending is available.
- Two-way messaging is not a feature of XML but you can make use of HTTP, FTP or SMPP to receive incoming messages.
XML API Quickstart Guide
This tutorial will explain in just a few simple steps how you can send an SMS using Clickatell’s XML API. Note: in the manual example outlined below it is assumed that developers will utilize server-generated commands to insert these posts into their code automatically.
Register for the XML API. Go to the XML API page and click on the Sign Up Now button.
Next fill in your registration details on the registration form and press “submit”. The 3 pieces of information you will need to send an SMS will be your “username”, your “password” and your API_ID. Your API_ID gets issued immediately upon confirmation of registration. Note: Once you have registered and been activated, you will automatically receive 10 FREE SMS credits which you can use for testing.
Have the following information ready:
To: xxxxxxx (number you would like to send the message to in an international format e.g. 448311234567)
Text: Meet me outside (actual message you would like to send)
Open your Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and type in your info in the address bar in the following sequence: http://api.clickatell.com/xml/xml?data=<clickAPI><sendMsg><api_id>1</api_id> s<user>demo</user><password>demo</password><to>448311234567</to><text>Meet me outside</text><from>me</from></sendMsg></clickAPI>
Press 'Enter' on your keyboard and your message will be sent. Sign up for Developers’ Central now and get 10 free test messages