Our SMPP connection is ideal if you need to send out a high volume of messages, at high speed, each month. With an SMPP connection, you're continuously connected to our gateway, and the standard protocol requires no programming if you have SMPP software installed.
Features of SMPP API
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritized queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- Two-way messaging can be set up.
- Your connection is language-platform independent.
SMPP API Quickstart Guide
This tutorial will explain in just a few simple steps how you can send an SMS using Clickatell’s SMPP API. Note: in the manual example outlined below it is assumed that developers will utilize server-generated commands to insert these posts into their code automatically.
Register for the SMPP API. Go to the SMPP API page and click on the Sign Up Now button.
Next fill in your registration details on the registration form and press “submit”. Please note that registration and account setup usually takes around 24 hours, excluding weekends).
Complete the account and product forms. Purchase a minimum of 5,000 SMS credits from Clickatell (or ensure you already have a balance of 5,000 credits).
We will next update our firewall to allow you to bind. Once this is complete we will send you an e-mail. Bind to our test SMPP server and test delivery.
Once you have bound successfully, and have been approved, we will migrate you onto the production servers. Sign up for Developers’ Central now and get 10 free test messages
- Routing and Sender ID problemsabout 18 hours ago
- SMTP support on the americas account1 day ago
- Online SMS sender/receiver that works with Clickatell3 days ago
Start sending SMS now
Reliable, scalable and customizable, Developers’ Central integrates with your systems and applications via our wide variety of APIs.Try Developers' Central now
& get 10 free test messages