Auto responders are messages that, if enabled, are automatically displayed to end-users in certain scenarios. There are 10 different types of auto-responders that you can enable and edit in the ‘Auto Responders’ tab under your Chat Desk Settings. These are:
● Directing to Agent message (all channels): inform your customers that they are being redirected to an agent
● Greeting message (Web Chat): greet customers with a friendly response when they engage via Web Chat
● Connecting Agent message (Web Chat)
● Connecting Agent message with Agent Name (all channels): let customers know which agent will be handling their chat
● End Chat and Opt-Out Keywords message (all channels): enable your customers to end a chat or opt-out of the service using specific keywords
● Direct Channel message: refer your customers to the direct messaging channel of your social media accounts
● Session Timeout message (Web Chat): inform your customers that their current chat session has timed out due to inactivity
● Agent Busy message (all channels): manage customer expectations by informing customers when all agents are busy
● Out of Support Hours message (Web Chat): let customers know they have reached you outside of support hours
● End Chat message (all channels): display a message when the chat ends to include information such as a link to rate the service or just a friendly goodbye
Was this article helpful 0 out of 0 found this helpful
Visit Stack Overflow to join our community of developers and find the answer you need.
Contact our support team and one of our agents will be in touch with you to answer any questions you have.