Why choose the SMTP API?
- Like all our APIs, the SMTP connection supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- It gives you support for extended length messages.
- You're able to use our converters to turn ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- You can use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritized queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Delivery delay gives you the ability to specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- You can set up batch sending.
- While two-way messaging is not a feature of SMTP you can always make use of HTTP, FTP or SMPP to receive incoming messages.
The SMTP API is ideal for:
Educating your audience and keeping them informed about the latest developments in your business.