The Clickatell HTTP/S API provides just about the simplest way of programming your connection to Clickatell, and if you need to overcome a firewall problem HTTP/S API is almost certainly your best solution.
Response: Single Message: ID: apimsgid Multiple Messages: ID: apimsgid To: xxxxxx ID: apimsgid To: xxxxxx
Features of HTTP/S API
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Converts VCard and VCal.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritised queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- Batch sending and two-way messaging.
HTTP/S API Quickstart Guide
For those less technically minded, this tutorial will explain in just a few simple steps how you can send an SMS using Clickatell's HTTP API. Note: the manual example outlined below is not the intended purpose of the HTTP post. Instead it is assumed that developers will utilise server generated commands to insert these posts into their code automatically.
When you sign up for an HTTP/S account, you will be given a username, password and api_id: keep these at hand!
Once your registration has been activated you will receive 10 free credits with which to test our service.
Have the number you wish to send to ready in international format e.g. 448311234567.
Open your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer), and type in your info in the address bar in the following sequence: http://api.clickatell.com/http/sendmsg?user=xxxxx&password=xxxxx&api_id=xxxxx&to=448311234567 &text=Meet+me+at+home
The text of your message must be formatted so that '+' signs replace spaces between words as above. Press 'Enter' on your keyboard and your message will be sent. Sign up for Developers’ Central now and get 10 free test messages
- Routing and Sender ID problemsabout 18 hours ago
- SMTP support on the americas account1 day ago
- Online SMS sender/receiver that works with Clickatell3 days ago
Start sending SMS now
Reliable, scalable and customizable, Developers’ Central integrates with your systems and applications via our wide variety of APIs.Try Developers' Central now
& get 10 free test messages