Our FTP connection is well suited for once-off, high volume message dispatches. It's particularly useful for batch processing from legacy systems. All you do is upload to our FTP server, and your messages are sent instantly. Clickatell creates a history log file in your FTP folder with the status details of all messages sent.
Features of FTP API
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritized queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- Batch sending and two-way messaging.
FTP API Quickstart Guide
This tutorial will explain in just a few simple steps how you can send an SMS using Clickatell’s FTP API. Note: in the manual example outlined below it is assumed that developers will utilize server-generated commands to insert these posts into their code automatically.
Register for the FTP API. Go to the FTP API page and click on the Sign Up Now button.
Next fill in your registration details on the registration form and press “submit”. The 3 pieces of information you will need to send an SMS will be your “username”, your “password” and your API_ID. Your API_ID gets issued immediately upon confirmation of registration. Note: Once you have registered and been activated, you will automatically receive 10 FREE SMS credits which you can use for testing.
Have the following information ready:
To: xxxxxxx (number you would like to send the message to in an international format e.g. 448311234567)
Text: Meet me outside (actual message you would like to send)
Open your Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and type in your info in the address bar in the following sequence: ftp://ftpupload.clickatell.com
Copy your text file into this folder. Your message will be sent immediately. Sign up for Developers' Central now and get 10 free test messages.
- Routing and Sender ID problemsabout 18 hours ago
- SMTP support on the americas account1 day ago
- Online SMS sender/receiver that works with Clickatell3 days ago
Start sending SMS now
Reliable, scalable and customizable, Developers’ Central integrates with your systems and applications via our wide variety of APIs.Try Developers' Central now
& get 10 free test messages