Start sending SMS now
Reliable, scalable and customizable, Developers’ Central integrates with your systems and applications via our wide variety of APIs.Try Developers' Central now
& get 10 free test messages
If you are connecting from a Windows-based programming environment, you can interface using COM Object. Our API's rich set of methods and definitions make it easy for you to integrate SMS sending into your applications or .asp pages.
Features of COM Object API
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritized queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- Batch sending is available.
- Two-way messaging is not a feature of COM Object but you can make use of HTTP, FTP or SMPP to receive incoming messages.
COM Object API Quickstart Guide
This tutorial will explain in just a few simple steps how you can send an SMS using Clickatell’s COM Object API. Note: in the manual example outlined below it is assumed that developers will utilize server-generated commands to insert these posts into their code automatically.
Register for the COM Object API. Go to the XML API page and click on the Sign Up Now button.
Next fill in your registration details on the registration form and press “submit”. The 3 pieces of information you will need to send an SMS will be your “username”, your “password” and your API_ID. Your API_ID gets issued immediately upon confirmation of registration. Note: Once you have registered and been activated, you will automatically receive 10 FREE SMS credits which you can use for testing.
Log into your account, go to Manage My Products, and then click on the Add sub-product link to add COM Object.
Once you have successfully filled out the form you will be supplied with your authentication details.
Sign up for Developers’ Central now and get 10 free test messages